MADE IN MINUTES – LAUNDRY SCENT SALTS!!
I’ve already cleaned up my laundry by switching to the doTERRA On Guard Washing Detergent but wanted something just as natural to give that little bit of pure scent to our clothes. So, this morning we made our own Laundry Scent Salts using all natural ingredients and doTERRA Essential Oils.
We chose to use Patchouli, Lavender and Wild Orange essential oils and they smell fantastic together, and so does my washing!
If you would like to try switching out some of your everyday products for a more natural home, why not start with these easy to make Laundry Scent Salts.
DIY LAUNDRY SCENT SALTS
· 1 cup of Epsom Salts
· ¼ cup of Bicarb of Soda/Baking Soda
· 20-30 drops of doTERRA Essential Oil
We used the Floral Blend. As Patchouli is a strong oil we added 6 Patchouli, 6 Lavender and 8 Wild Orange.
· Add all of the ingredients into a bowl
· Whisk together until all of the ingredients are well combined
· Store in a glass container such as a Kilner jar
· Sprinkle about a ¼ cup of the salts over the clothes once they are in the washing machine.
This should have about a 1 year shelf life. The above only makes the size of glass jar that I showed in my picture.
I am so impressed with these salts that I am going to make a larger batch next time!
BLENDS (or you can make up your own – share them on the Nourish To Bloom UK Facebook page as we would love to see them!
· Lavender and Eucalyptus
· Wild Orange and Peppermint
· Lemon and Cypress
· Rosemary and Peppermint
· Lavender, Wild Orange and Patchouli
· Geranium, Clary Sage and Ylang Ylang
· Lemon and Rosemary
· Peppermint, Lemon and Lavender
· Lemon, Lavender and Melaleuca